Thursday 15 August 2013

10 Minute Meal, Carb Free and Vegetarian.

So this evening I had my lovely friend Mollie over for dinner. We drank tea (Earl Grey) and chatted for a bit before realising we had hardly any time to make dinner. Luckily we put our thinking caps on and came up with scrumptious bit of nutrional goodness. No carbs, no meat, no nastiness. I call it...makeshift stew.


Ingredients:
(serves 2)
1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil.
1 large red onion.
1 large red pepper (or any colour pepper will do, red's what I had hanging around in the veg drawer)
1 clove garlic
1/2 a  cabbage. ( I actually used two handfuls of pre sliced cabbage and leek)
A choice of meat substitute (I used quorn sausages, two each, but of course you can skip this step or add real meat of you wish)
1/2 a tin chopped tomatos or 1/2 a packet of passata (my fave!)

Method
1.Chop up pepper, onion and garlic. Make sure the onion and pepper is chunky to give stew a bit more 'oomph'. Slice cabbage into thin strips. 
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan. When heated, add ALL the veg to the oil and keep stirring for five minutes. If your using real meat give it a headstart on the veg but if using Quorn add a little afterwards.
3. Stir in Passata or tinned tomatos before letting simmer for three minutes (Passata and chopped tomatos don't need long AT ALL, it's just tinned plum tomatos that do. 
4. Bon Appetit!

I can honestly say this is incredibly easy and filling but also very nutritious as well. Plenty of veg including greens. Of course you could use any veg you liked, but I think all the veg I used complimented it nicely. A very colourful dish that is healthy and delicious. Do give me a shout if you try this and let me know what you think. I know its simple, but it fitted in so well with my lifestyle today.

Happy Eating! I hope you having a wonderful day/night. 
Nelly xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment